Associate- (Admitted in Missouri only)
Denise joined Hovey Williams as a clerk in 2018. During law school, Denise served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy where she created the publication's new online supplement. In addition to her time on the Journal, Denise externed for Judge Julie Robinson, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas.
As an undergraduate, Denise worked for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region 7 as a toxics and pesticides intern. She also founded and was the president of the Science Club.
Licensed to practice in Missouri only.
- University of Kansas School of Law
- Juris Doctor – 2020
- Judicial Extern to Chief Judge Julie Robinson, U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- Shook, Hardy, Bacon Scholar, Constitutional Law Teaching Assistant
- Lawyering Skills, Teaching Assistant
- Intellectual Property Research Assistant to Professor Andrew Torrance
- Jaffe Transactional Law Competition
- Dean’s Diversity Leadership Council, Member
- University of Kansas Black Law Students Association, Member and Former Officer
- MidAmerica Nazarene University Women’s Soccer, Volunteer Academic Counselor
- MidAmerica Nazarene University
- Bachelor of Science- 2017
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Chemistry
- MidAmerica Nazarene University Kresge Center, Chemistry and Writing Tutor
- Women’s Soccer
- Women’s Track & Field
Honors and Awards
- Samuel Mellinger Scholarship, Leadership, and Service Award
- CALI Awards: Intellectual Property, Federal Courts, and Mergers and Acquisitions