Gregory J. Skoch
As a partner with Hovey Williams, Greg's practice includes the preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign chemical and mechanical patent applications. Greg serves clients through a range of industries including industrial chemicals, coatings, and mechanical devices used in a wide variety of applications.
Greg has extensive experience in animal health, nanomaterial, renewable fuel, hydrocarbon processing, printing, and industrial safety technologies. Greg also has significant experience and training in foreign patent matters, especially patent applications filed under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT). Greg manages large patent portfolios for clients, in addition to advising small and medium-sized corporations on how to build and gain value with their inventions and patents. In conjunction with patent protection services, Greg also negotiates and drafts license agreements and prepares invalidity, freedom-to-operate, and patentability opinions.
Greg regularly provides intellectual property training and education to clients, so that their employees are up to speed on changes in the law that may impact the clients' intellectual property rights. In addition, Greg routinely presents to university students and faculty regarding intellectual property matters.
Prior to joining Hovey Williams, Greg served for over a year as a clerk for the Honorable Jay A. Daugherty of the 16th Judicial Circuit in Jackson County, Missouri.
Areas Of Practice
- U.S. and Foreign Chemical and Mechanical Patent Applications
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2001
- Kansas, 2000
- Missouri, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 2000
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas
- Juris Doctor - 1999
- University of Kansas
- Bachelor of Science - 1997
- Major: Chemical Engineering
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA)
- Kansas Bar Association (KBA)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
Past Employment Positions
- Honorable Jay A. Daugher, 16th Judicial Circuit, Jackson County, Missouri, Clerk
- Tau Beta Pi
- Beta Theta Pi