Lisa M. Martin, Ph.D.
Lisa joined Hovey Williams in 2011 and focuses on patent preparation and prosecution in the mechanical arts. As she approaches clients' new technologies, she leverages her interest in various engineering disciplines and the broad knowledge base she has developed as a result. While her knowledge base is rooted in traditional mechanical engineering (B.S., Kansas State University), it branches into biomedical engineering (Ph.D., University of Oxford), particularly orthopedic biomechanics, and less formally into other disciplines. Lisa's professional experiences are also highly varied and include engineering internships in the chemical, defense, and engineering/architecture consulting industries, as well as research into remote detection of concealed explosives through neutron and gamma interrogation.
Areas Of Practice
- Patent Application Preparation and Prosecution
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2012
- University of Oxford, Oxford, England
- Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering – 2011
- Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering – 2006
Kansas State University Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering Industry Advisory Council, 2018 – Present