We are proud to announce that Hovey Williams partner Cheryl L. Burbach will present on the topic “Do You Own Your Intellectual Property?” at the 2nd Annual IMA Kansas City Fall Conference on Friday, October 26. Her presentation will include important information on these topics:
- What aspects and components of your business constitute actual or potential intellectual property assets such as trade secrets, trademarks, service marks, patents, copyrights and others?
- What steps should be taken to defend intellectual property assets like registration with government and international agencies, creation of confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements for employees and contractors, protection of domain names and more?
- What opportunities exist for capitalization of the value of your intellectual property, including potential branding, marketing, licensing or sales?
- And others
Attorney Burbach is an accomplished, experienced intellectual property professional who has been named a Top 250 Women in IP by Managing Intellectual Property. She has been regularly included in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers. She counsels a wide range of businesses in the Kansas City area, regionally, nationally and internationally about how to manage and protect their intellectual property assets and rights.
She advocates for her clients in federal courts and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board as well as before the National Arbitration Forum and World Intellectual Property Organization, known as WIPO. She is also a certified mediator.
Please follow the above link for more about her many accomplishments and honors.
More about the conference
The IMA stands for The Association of Accountants and Financial Professionals in Business, an international professional organization. IMA proudly celebrates 100 years of support to its members in 2019.
This year marks the second time the local Kansas City Chapter of IMA is hosting its own conference, providing a tremendous opportunity for local and regional professionals to engage with others in our community around cutting-edge topics.
Other speakers and topics:
- The Power of Strong Storytelling to Improve Your Bottom Line by Katie Banks, Associate Director, Content Systems, VML
- The GDPR and KC: The Impact of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation on Kansas City Entities by Laura Fey, Principal, Fey LLC
- Any Dark Clouds to Go with Those Silver Linings? By Chris Kuehl, Ph.D., Managing Director and Cofounder, Armada Corporate Intelligence
- Espionage and Fraud from the Inside by Joanne Philips, Retired Director of Internal Audit, SemGroup Corporation, and author
- Data Analytics: Methods, Tools, and Contribution to Accounting by Pamela Schmidt, Ph.D., MBA, CRISC
The all-day event offers eight hours of CPE on Management and Accounting Topics.
Register here for the fall conference held at Kansas City’s historic Central Exchange in the downtown fire station, which is on the National Register of Historic Places.