Chad concentrates his practice on the preparation and prosecution of domestic and international patent applications. He has experience evaluating and prosecuting applications related to a number of diverse technologies including electronic devices and circuits, electromechanical systems, computer software and hardware, consumer products and services, e-commerce, financial services, and payment systems.
Chad's responsibilities also involve negotiating and drafting intellectual property licenses and assignments, as well as preparing patentability, invalidity, non-infringement, and freedom to operate opinions. Chad also regularly counsels clients on trademark matters.
Prior to attending law school, Chad worked as an electrical systems program manager for the Ford Motor Company's F-150 truck.
He is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps where he served as an intelligence analyst.
Areas Of Practice
- Preparation and Prosecution of Domestic and International Patent Applications
- Kansas, 2011
- Missouri, 2012
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2014
- University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, Kansas
- Juris Doctor - 2011
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- University of Kansas
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 2007
- Major: Engineering Physics
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of the Schroeder Scholarship
- Recipient of the Hansel Scholarship
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kansas Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- United States Marine Corps, Intelligence Analyst