Our Partners, Cheryl Burbach and Tracy Bornman and our Associate, Chandler Schmidt will be attending and participating in the Association of Intellectual Property Firms’ (AIPF) 2023 Annual Meeting on September 13-15 in Boston. The theme this year is “The Transformation of the IP Service Market” and the impact of new technology on IP Boutiques’ operations will be discussed. They will join other kindred spirits from IP specialized firms and other players from the IP ecosystem as take a hard look at the forces of change acting on the IP service market. Topics will include:
• The impact of new technology on IP Boutiques’ operations
• Law firm-to-Law firm collaboration: Global trends in reciprocity (provided by IP Pilot)
• The impact of alternative service providers on the business of IP Boutiques
• International patent and filing trends emerging from WIPO’s latest Data
• What clients want: let in-house corporate attorneys tell you how to best obtain and keep their business
Cheryl will serve as Moderator of “The Big Picture: Current Trends in AI Usage in IP Practice” where panelists will discuss how the USPTO is using AI in search and examination, how service providers are capitalizing on this trend, and how law firms are adapting to this changing landscape.
Tracy is participating in the Managing Partner’s Panel and speakers will discuss:
• How to get and keep top talent
• Process improvements in the face of multiple offerings
• Understanding client needs and responding
• Pros and cons of responding to RFPs
• Partner compensation structures
• Maintaining profitability in the face of client billing procedure demands
• Balancing autonomy with more processes and firm-wide goals
Chandler is a speaker on the “Practical Application of AI: How Has AI Changed Your Daily Law Practice?” segment. Speakers will talk about how they are currently using AI in their boutique practice, discuss the use of ChatGPT and other AI patent and trademark tools, and offer practical tips on how to make your job faster and more efficient.
They look forward to connecting with colleagues and learning about current trends, strategies and challenges affecting the changing landscape of IP Boutique Firms. See full meeting agenda here: https://aipf.com/event-5263000.
The Association of Intellectual Property Firms (AIPF) is an international association of independent specialty firms that devote a majority of their practice to patent, trademark and copyright law. The AIPF is dedicated to supporting the unique needs of the IP boutique to better serve clients by providing resources and a forum for international collaboration. Our Partner, Blair Barbieri is on AIPF’s Board of Directors and serves as Treasurer and Chandler Schmidt serves as Membership Committee Chair.